The early years:
- I graduated from University of Southern California with a BS and from Huntington Memorial Hospital in Pasadena, CA, as an RN.
- I married my husband, Darrel, a veteran of the Korean War, and worked at the Health Center at California Polytechnic University in San Luis Obispo, CA, while he finished college. He received a BS in engineering and I received a PHT (pushing hubby through).
- I became a GE wife and we moved many times when General Electric Co promoted Darrel.
The middle years:
- I’ve been a homemaker, mother of two boys and one girl, ordained elder, Bible study leader, author, seminar leader and speaker.
- Frequent moves to new communities found us active in Presbyterian, Baptist, Christian, Community and Assemblies of God churches. My past occupations include art gallery owner, painting instructor, ambulance attendant, school nurse, public health nurse and nursing instructor.
The later years:
- After living in seven states we have settled in Auburn, Washington. This keeps us near our grandchildren, and provides a wonderful place for me to write about what I’ve learned from life experiences.
- I’ve had dozens of articles published in many Christian Magazines of multiple denominations. My book, Jumpstart to Power Prayers, is packed with things I learned while walking with the Lord for many years.